Sunday, April 10, 2011

Firm, Faces, redundancy, Dereham
My Family Map

Family


Image by Zach Klein

I enjoy researching my family's genealogy. So far, I've tracked my mom's side back 8 generations, and my dad's back to 6. My mom's side is best completed, with dates and places of birth and death as far back as 1720. Awed by the names of these places (my genes originated somewhere more specific!), I've decided to start plotting out my ancestors by their places of birth and death on a Google map.

What I know now: My mom's two major trunks of ancestry stem from the state of Saarland, Germany and the area around Arlon, Belgium.

Unfortunately, most of my dad's ancestor's records are vague. For example, their naturalization or census records only show place of birth as "Germany" or "Prussia"

I created the first instance of the tag 'Family Map' in Flickr on June 26, 2007.

Dereham firm faces redundancy





Uncertainty surrounds the future of a long-established family-run East Anglian conservatory and windows and door company.

Read more on EDP24 - Eastern Daily Press







Hinds goes out a winner, leads Mount Vernon to 'AA' crown

ALBANY â€" Jabarie Hinds’ was lifted to the sky, an MVP plague in his hands as adoring teammates, family and friends surrounded the senior star. His final moment in a Mount Vernon basketball jersey was one he will never forget. The same goes for his final game. The West Virginia-bound guard...

Read more on New York Post







Desperate Assad tries to blunt uprising with new promises of reform

President Bashar al-Assad is facing the greatest challenge to his family's rule over Syria since his father took power 40 years ago, as protests sweep through the country.

Read more on Independent








Other posts like this, by keyword:

Firm:

The Firm of the Future: A Guide for Accountants, Lawyers, and Other Professional Services ...
Buyout of Animal Health International Prompts Shareholder Claims Investigation by Goldfarb Branham Law Firm LLP ...
Principles of Private Firm Valuation (Wiley Finance) ...
PIMCO Announces Elizabeth MacLean and Jason Duko to Join Firm as Senior Members of Bank Loan Portfolio Management Team ...
Faces:

School budget task force faces big challenges ...
The Savvy Woman’s Guide to PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome): The Many Faces of a 21st Century Epidemic….And What You Can Do Ab ...
redundancy:

Dereham:

No comments:

Post a Comment