Monday, February 21, 2011

My gas water heater is releasing large amounts of water, but only at night when the temperature drops. Ideas?



Your Ad Here



Water
by Brooklyn Museum

Question by saturns_only_son: My gas water heater is releasing large amounts of water, but only at night when the temperature drops. Ideas?

The water heater is fine during the day, however, when I go down to the garage in the morning, the relief valve has released a large amount of water all over the floor. I know it's the relief valve because I have placed a container below the pipe for the water to drain into. Any suggestions?
The relief valve has a pipe that is connected to direct the water that comes out from the relief valve. So I know the water heater itself is not leaking. The water is coming directly out of the relief valve at night when it get cold.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by livinhapi
better call the plumber to do some checking before the situations becomes worse, that one morning you wake with a big flood in your basement...good luck!!





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment